FusionFall RP Edition
Hello and welcome to FusionFall RP Edition! Please feel free to look around the forum and hop on in to our expanding role-playing world!

-Moderation Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FusionFall RP Edition
Hello and welcome to FusionFall RP Edition! Please feel free to look around the forum and hop on in to our expanding role-playing world!

-Moderation Team
FusionFall RP Edition
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delusions of Night: An Event Idea

4 posters

Go down

Delusions of Night: An Event Idea Empty Delusions of Night: An Event Idea

Post  youngjusticeforever Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:49 pm

Hi! Okay, so I've recently brought in two new characters, Sylvia 'Angel' Vitkolis and Venus.

Sylvia is a rich, cold, magnetic-magic wielding business woman.

Venus is a vain alien who likes killing people and things in general.

So! After tweaking a little of my original story's event, Code Gaea, I introduce to you! *drumroll*

Delusions of Night. DoN is kinda inspired by The Huntsman: Winter's War but...not really. It just borrows the concept of a Mirror being creepy and magical and stuff. And a liquid coming out of it.

Anyways! So the premise is Sylvia (and optional 2 to 4 other people though) finds a book containing the legend of the Mirror of Scylla, which has ancient Dea Alatan sigils on it (from pre-cataclysmic times), with some borrowed stuff from other races.

Anyways, so Sylvia holds a bounty hunt to collect the mirror. Recognizing the ancient runes on it, Venus hunts it down for herself, one of said runes being on her Blood Scythe as well.

The Mirror lays in the heart of the Dark Glade, it's ancient magic (which is not Dea Alatan, it just borrows some of ancient Vera Sagezza's runes/sigils), turning the fusions nearby into far more hostile, especially the Dark Fusionflys and the Queen Fusionflys.

When the players enter the Dark Glade, they should probably find little fragments of the mirror (WHICH, by the way, can function with a few tiny fragments, missing. It just needs the inner plating and at least 3 external runes/sigils to circulate the power.

Upon finding said fragments, they will gain an immunity to the Mirror's aggressive aura (although, not everyone will have this.) as the Mirror doesn't really work against itself.

The more fragments you have, the stronger you're immunity is. The closer you get to the mirror, the stronger the aura gets. The closer you get to the mirror, the darker the day seems to be, when you are in eye-sight (natural eye-sight, unaided), of the mirror, it should be midnight, roughly.

The fragments, also, however, are like a beacon for fusions that have been exposed for a long time to the aggressive aura of the Mirror (and I mean like very close to the mirror level aura). So, the more fragments you have, the more resistant you are to the mirror, but the more fusions are likely to come your way.

Once you reach a certain point, here comes the "delusion" in Delusions of Night. Creatures will come out to try to kill you. These include

A. A nest of spiders
B. A bunch of lizards that are very carnivorous
C. Some mammals
D. This, being the most common, are just abstract, phantasmal entities.

The phantasmal entities WILL instill an aura of unease, nothing terrible, just "ummm, that's creepy" vibe, with or without a fragment. It's the same, either way. You can kill them, if you can either disperse them, trick them into going inside plantlife or by using light. They will die. The phantasmal entities will also, if they fight you, use mind crap to try to show you fears (ex: Ruby would see Sapphire shattered, Ben might see idunno Vilgax with the Omnitrix or something...)

When you get within say, a football stadium's worth of length, of the mirror, you have to face one of the bosses, which are Red Giant (he's a melee brute, not smart, not fast, really strong), Supernova (she is a long distance type. Good long distance, sucky up-close), White Dwarf (really fast, not that endurable) or Black Dwarf (who isn't even real, just an illusion made by the mirror. Sort of. You'll see what I mean later.)

Upon killing the bosses, they turn into a black sludge-goo-liquid thing, that will seep underground and reform around the pedestal holding the mirror. The sludge (even Black Dwarf creates some sludge, but Black Dwarf's is white sludge, not black) will merge and return to the mirror.

The mirror will turn from it's silver color to a sleek black, which will then seemingly pour out, leaving behind a golden shell. The black that comes out will twist and form into the Guardian of the Mirror (an entity I like to call Nebula), who is the final challenge.

Unlike the other bosses where not everyone fought all the bosses, everyone can fight Nebula. Nebula...Nebula's basically like an Anodite, as in, she's like pure energy of a sort. Nebula is more of a blob of energy, with gaseous energy leaking from exports on the back and able to turn parts of herself into liquid. Nebula is the final boss, and when you kill her, she retreats back into the mirror (forcefully taking along any fragments) before the mirror is rendered dormant.

Nebula herself is actually sentient, by the way guys, sooo... Smile

Now, this is a pretty open event, I just would prefer if I could know who is playing so I can get a headcount, as it affects the later stages. The amount of bosses is dependent on the amount of players, as White and Black Dwarf could just be White Dwarf, while Supernova may just lurk, cackling all the while like the creep she is.

So....yeah...probably not the best idea ever, but one I put a lot of thought into.
youngjusticeforever
youngjusticeforever

Back to top Go down

Delusions of Night: An Event Idea Empty Re: Delusions of Night: An Event Idea

Post  youngjusticeforever Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:53 pm

And please....read the ENTIRE thing before you comment, it would really mean a lot.

ALSO! This event is NOT a set-in-stone style thing. It's not a "well if it can't be this then no event". The mirror aspect kinda has to remain as it's the main thing, but other things can be modified.

It's really, really open and I'm willing to answer any questions. Just...nothing TOO absurd, such as "Does the Star people have Star power?" Because...just no? Well, okay. Supernova can make small bursts of light but they are the size of a small housecat at best, and Supernova is really warm, but still.
youngjusticeforever
youngjusticeforever

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesamuen Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:05 pm

I can already imagine G & Venus the cold-blooded killer duo

(its only cause of his curse that he seems nice)
Lesamuen
Lesamuen

Back to top Go down

Post  youngjusticeforever Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:57 pm

Well, that's gonna be funny.....or scary. Oh well, I made Venus for a reason Razz
youngjusticeforever
youngjusticeforever

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Didathing Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:26 am

Definitely sounds interesting. Also yay more mirrors!
Mr.Didathing
Mr.Didathing

Back to top Go down

Post  youngjusticeforever Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:50 am

Now that I think about it, Mirror isn't exactly the most accurate term. That would be Disk, but Mirror sounds cooler so it's a mirror Razz

I have mini profiles for the bosses and one normal one for Nebula, and for the monsters that will be encountered along the way.

Delusions of Night is a really fun potential plot.
youngjusticeforever
youngjusticeforever

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesamuen Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:09 pm

So....a magical glass frisbee?

10/10
Lesamuen
Lesamuen

Back to top Go down

Post  youngjusticeforever Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:52 pm

No. A frisbee curves in. The Mirror does not. It's just a circle thing. It's reflective kinda though.
youngjusticeforever
youngjusticeforever

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesamuen Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:48 pm

So it's literally just a glass circle

I would expect ancient magical artifacts to be more interesting lol
Lesamuen
Lesamuen

Back to top Go down

Post  youngjusticeforever Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:41 pm

Meh, the Xien Kîthê weren't known for their fashion. They, unlike the Dea Alata and the Verium Lëtei who enjoyed theatrics and what not, the Xien Kîthê just wanted it to be functional.
youngjusticeforever
youngjusticeforever

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldenBladeX100 Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:41 pm

I'm in on this!..........as soon as my oc is accepted (╥-╥)

Update: I'M IN
GoldenBladeX100
GoldenBladeX100

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down