FusionFall RP Edition
Hello and welcome to FusionFall RP Edition! Please feel free to look around the forum and hop on in to our expanding role-playing world!

-Moderation Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FusionFall RP Edition
Hello and welcome to FusionFall RP Edition! Please feel free to look around the forum and hop on in to our expanding role-playing world!

-Moderation Team
FusionFall RP Edition
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eri Elo {edited first OC}

5 posters

Go down

Eri Elo {edited first OC} Empty Eri Elo {edited first OC}

Post  minako Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:34 pm

Name:
Eri Elo

Ethnicity:
Irish American

Race:
EVO

Allegiance:
Good Guys

Origins:
EVO

Powers:
Light Manipulation description: Eri’s powers causes her to be a powerful yet reckless fighter. It seems to still be an untamed beast. She is able to create, generate, increase, absorb, shape, and otherwise manipulate light. Each use brings her closer to exhaustion stamina-wise.
Light shot attacks (high power + low accuracy)
When she can generate photons of light, her luminescence is able to project crippling attacks at a quick, steady pace. The emissions are strong but the accuracy is sub-par. Her longer range attacks are naturally weaker but produce a wider area of damage. The brightness, radius, and range are dependent on training and environment. Her light firings come in a variety of shapes, intensities, and distances but they may be an involuntary reaction. Glasses are able to misconstrue her attacks. If she uses too much energy than she is prepared for, Eri will be over-charged and wounded.
Aura (small enhance + low defense + low reversal)
Eri is able to surround herself in light and create an aura. This photonic light enhances physical capabilities, such as speed, strength, and slight defense. Besides a potential deflection from her aura, her powers bring her almost no defense; instead she must survey surroundings for cover. Her deflections do not dodge enemy attacks completely. She will still take damage and she cannot take much of it. Part of the photons from her deflect are able to make a small reverse attack if she is well-rested.
Lightside view (Medium stun)
Her lightside view has the ability to stupefy fine motor controls. This is the most exhausting for Eri and comes in the form of sparks. The brightness is able to flash a potential stun to the opponent. It induces a temporary blindness if controlled correctly. The flash bang may impair their coordination, movements, sight, or hearing. This creates a window of opportunity to attack or collaborate. The flash bang can also affect Eri if she is too weak and unfocused. If her opponent is well-trained, they may still be able to function fine without their impaired senses.
Pure light (Low team heal)
She owns a pure light which seems to illuminate. Her holy light is a soft glow able to very slowly heal and purify teammates. Her ability to heal others will diminish her own stamina and health. If Eri is overwhelmed with darkness she will be unable to perform any of the above. She is affected heavily by darkness and coldness. Her stamina is slightly above average but may need to recharge in combat. Eri is able to absorb light and warmth for stamina.
Light levitation (Functional mechanism)
Eri is able to generate light beneath her as a means to levitate. Levitation has the potential to be trained into flight -- especially as a dodge.

Appearance:
Eri is a rather sickly looking girl. She absorbs most light and thus her skin is pale -- almost to an unhealthy degree. She lacks basic muscle toning that most humans have due to most of her fighting coming from nanites. She has long, copper-head hair with a slight curl. Her eyes are large and green. She is rather short since she was slightly-malnourished when she was growing in testing and stands at 4'10". Eri will normally levitate five inches which places her at 5'3".
Spoiler:

Strengths:
Eri is certainly a strong fighter when she uses her powers. She is very empathetic and believes there is good in everyone; she is willing to defend the Good Guys by any means. Eri takes her work very seriously, and she has very high standards for herself that need to be met. You will always see her following the rules -- never cutting corners or trying to rebel authority. Her stamina is slightly above average as long as she is not constantly sending out attacks.

Weaknesses:
While she is a great fighter, she has awful defense. She never fights alone as she relies heavily for other to defend her. She is skittish of almost everything after the testing, but her fear of the dark is the worst. She is very emotional -- to the point of where it likely annoys her peers’. She has abandonment issues and seems to cling onto her friends.

Personality:
Eri is a do-good, law-abiding citizen wanting to rid the world of Fuse. She is very talkative and loves when people reciprocate. She is greatly affected by secrecy and finding out second-hand information can be very painful. Eri loves learning since she missed a large amount of school. She is emotional and wears her heart on her sleeve; she can easily become afraid or hurt. She tends to internalize other people’s words and actions thus leading to defend her friends. Eri is respectful to everyone -- even those below her in rank or age. She loves the outdoors and loves exploring, especially since nature is how her nanites activated.

History:
She grew up with a religious mother who immigrated to the States from Ireland. Her mother was fiercely independent and encouraged Eri to help her work from an early age so she would quickly grow to do the same. The Elos’ income came from labors of love; her mother worked as a maid and Eri did her best to garden. Since Eri was seven, her work seemed to be a small cherry on top of her mother’s tasks. Eri was attending Pokey Oaks Elementary at the time and truly loved learning. During one particular summer when she was nine, Eri started taking her work very seriously. During the nanite event she had been working on a church’s property. The shrubbery they expect her mom (which in reality was Eri) to grow just couldn’t happen. Eri took the soil in her palms and pleaded with it. The nanites that injected her seem to activate and she emitted light from her palms sporadically. The church was startled and immediately called the police. They were quickly concerned with Eri being overpowered and being tempted to bring chaos. The local police force took Eri in to perform testing on her; the police were concerned over her powers being uncontrollable. They did strenuous psychological examination to be sure she had good moral standing on her own. The Pokey Oaks Police felt they were doing their community a service and did not really report their actions. Her mom was nearly relieved as she was extremely worried her daughter could be possessed by a demon or possibly even worse. After five years of testing, she was returned and she received help from an instructor for a year. The instructor was able to manipulate lightning and so she did her best to make sure Eri’s powers were not used accidentally. The instructor often encouraged Eri to use her powers in a controlled environment. She started with attacking non-organic matters and worked up to aided fighting with fusion spawn. Her mother was still unconvinced. She was relieved for Eri to be near whisked-away, and her father was unknown and unable to object. Now, the instructor feels Eri is old enough to fight the Fuse invasion. She has returned to Pokey Oaks where she went to school, but was faced with the town being in fusion matter. She moved to Peach Oaks and returned to school there. She has since decided to fight independently, but has been working to prove herself to fight alongside Providence. Since the instructor left Eri to her own devices she makes a life on her own. Due to Eri’s personality traits, living alone has proven to be a nightmare for her and she does her best to stay out  as much as possible. She is new to Peach Oaks and is currently an independent fighter.

Do you use nanos:
No

Last edited by minako on Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:08 am; edited 7 times in total
minako
minako

Back to top Go down

Eri Elo {edited first OC} Empty Re: Eri Elo {edited first OC}

Post  Kaiser Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:46 pm

disclaimer: I saw you like between 6-8 powers, but I saw some people with as little as 3. I can easily get rid of pure or absolute light, but I figure 6 is good since she had both training and testing.
We say 6-8 because we don't want people giving their OCs 15+ powers or something worse. It's fine if you have less than 6.

She's good for the most part, but there's some things that need to be fixed:

The school is an infected zone now, like it was in the game, so she can't really be a groundskeeper for it unless she really likes playing with Fusion Matter.
Could you elaborate more on the actual testing? What exactly did she do in those five years to better control her powers?
Why is she living alone exactly? Did the police forbid her from seeing her mother, does she not want to drag her mother into the war and thus decided to live on her own getting ready for war?
Is she still in contact with the instructor? Or did they leave her life once they deemed her ready to fight Fuse?

Kaiser
Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Post  minako Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:02 pm

Kaiser wrote:The school is an infected zone now, like it was in the game, so she can't really be a groundskeeper for it unless she really likes playing with Fusion Matter.
Hahaah, definitely an amusing thought but no. I'll adjust either the wording or setting.
Kaiser wrote:Could you elaborate more on the actual testing? What exactly did she do in those five years to better control her powers?
Hmm I tried to be a little vague because I was unsure of the current political standing etc. Can you explain/link (I couldn't find it) and I can go into detail while still staying canon?
Kaiser wrote:Why is she living alone exactly? Did the police forbid her from seeing her mother, does she not want to drag her mother into the war and thus decided to live on her own getting ready for war?
Her mom didn't stop it, so she's pretty unhappy with her and how things went.
Kaiser wrote:Is she still in contact with the instructor? Or did they leave her life once they deemed her ready to fight Fuse?
They're out of the picture now, I don't think there will be any future interactions.

[/quote]
minako
minako

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiser Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:23 pm

Hmm I tried to be a little vague because I was unsure of the current political standing etc. Can you explain/link (I couldn't find it) and I can go into detail while still staying canon?
You mean what the police view as morally right? Not quite sure what you mean there.
Kaiser
Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyra_Xyrespace Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:15 am

minako wrote:disclaimer: I saw you like between 6-8 powers, but I saw some people with as little as 3. I can easily get rid of pure or absolute light, but I figure 6 is good since she had both training and testing.

The maximum is six. I swear, that is an error on my fault and I apologize to the members and moderators. I swore I thought I had written down somewhere that six was the maximum for an OC to have, but to my error I discovered I did not. I've since added it to the OC form. The eight powers came from another RP site, and my mind accidentally blurred the two sites.

She is emotional in the sense that she is afraid or hurt quickly, not angry.

I'm just a tad confused. Is she quick to pain and fear? Or does it mean she wears her heart on a sleeve and so she can get moody quickly?
Kyra_Xyrespace
Kyra_Xyrespace

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1062727/AnimeGirl-144

Back to top Go down

Post  minako Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:47 am

Kaiser wrote:
You mean what the police view as morally right? Not quite sure what you mean there.
No, just the 'systems' in place I guess. I didn't know if things would change because the planet was under invasion, if some new races triumphed aliens, or just how it functioned. :3 I think I got it though, I'm going to change stuff and color what I do change.

Kyra_Xyrespace wrote:
The maximum is six. I swear, that is an error on my fault and I apologize to the members and moderators. I swore I thought I had written down somewhere that six was the maximum for an OC to have, but to my error I discovered I did not. I've since added it to the OC form. The eight powers came from another RP site, and my mind accidentally blurred the two sites.
Ooh, okay. I'll whittle it to 5 to be more balanced. Smile

I'm just a tad confused. Is she quick to pain and fear? Or does it mean she wears her heart on a sleeve and so she can get moody quickly?
My words did get pretty garbled there. I meant to say she is emotional -- wearing her heart on her sleeve. She takes everything personally pretty easily -- but the emotions are normally fear/plain instead of lashing out in anger. I'll paste this in to clarify.
minako
minako

Back to top Go down

Post  zerowing21 Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:36 am

"She holds herself highly and acts very regal."

How can this be considered a strength? And how is following the rules a strength, you might have to explain that one.
zerowing21
zerowing21

Back to top Go down

Post  minako Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:46 am

zerowing21 wrote:"She holds herself highly and acts very regal."

How can this be considered a strength? And how is following the rules a strength, you might have to explain that one.

Expanded/edited it in, it's the colored part under Strengths now.
minako
minako

Back to top Go down

Post  zerowing21 Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:54 am

How did she join the war against Fuse? Also, just as a side note that doesn't need to be put in, but all living things have nanites in them due to the event. Only White Knight has no nanites.
zerowing21
zerowing21

Back to top Go down

Post  Buttercrush Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:57 pm

She'd be attending Peach Oaks, since Pokey Oaks schools are now an Infected Zone.
Buttercrush
Buttercrush

https://www.fanfiction.net/~buttercrush

Back to top Go down

Post  minako Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:07 am

zerowing21 wrote:How did she join the war against Fuse? Also, just as a side note that doesn't need to be put in, but all living things have nanites in them due to the event. Only White Knight has no nanites.

At the instructor's advice. Currently she fights on her on, though. I'd only be starting her that way for a while, I think.

Professor Utonium wrote:She'd be attending Peach Oaks, since Pokey Oaks schools are now an Infected Zone.

Edited that in
minako
minako

Back to top Go down

Post  zerowing21 Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:02 am

I think she is good *stamps approved on forehead*
zerowing21
zerowing21

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyra_Xyrespace Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:02 pm