FusionFall RP Edition
Hello and welcome to FusionFall RP Edition! Please feel free to look around the forum and hop on in to our expanding role-playing world!

-Moderation Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FusionFall RP Edition
Hello and welcome to FusionFall RP Edition! Please feel free to look around the forum and hop on in to our expanding role-playing world!

-Moderation Team
FusionFall RP Edition
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vivos Velox (On Hiatus)

5 posters

Go down

Vivos Velox (On Hiatus) Empty Vivos Velox (On Hiatus)

Post  Wonder Smash Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:37 pm

Name: Vivos Velox

Age: About 4 and a half Days (Physically) 18 (Mentally) [Time on Kinet is accelerated significantly due to it's unrealistically fast rotation around it's sun. Velox is basically eighteen years old, but due to how fast time passes for his planet, he's only existed for four and a half days by most of the rest of the galaxy's standards.]

Ethnicity: N/A

Race: Kineceleran (XLR8)

Allegiance: Neutral

Origins: Alien

Powers: Super-Speed – Like other members of his species, Velox can run at an extremely fast speed. He can travel from Sector V to the Cul-De-Sac in mere seconds, and from Orchid Bay to Monkey Mountain in minutes. He can also run on some unstable surfaces such as water for a short time, provided he's wearing his protective armor, and can even run up vertical surfaces, such as buildings. His speed also translates into other things, such as combat, where he can be difficult to hit, due to his agility, and mundane tasks that would take others minutes can take only seconds for him.

Tornado Generation – Using his super-speed, Velox can run in circles and create miniature tornadoes with some effort. The tornadoes in question last for several seconds, but are generally harmless on their own, and do little more than lift the target up into the air for a few moments.

Claws – Velox has sharp claws on his fingers that can cause minor cuts and pain on his target. However, they can penetrate little other than skin, and can't cut through very many materials.

Appearance: Velox looks like most other kinecelerans, with an appearance sort of like a humanoid raptor. He has blue skin, yellow eyes, and a tail with black stripes. He nearly always wears a black protective suit with green markings on his chest, arms, legs, and tail, which can glow in the dark. The suit covers his entire body, with a pointed helmet on his head that has a green visor on the faceplate. The faceplate can be retracted at will, allowing him to show his face if he wishes. Like many of his species, he has black spheres under his feet that act similarly to roller skates. His right arm's part of the armor has a katana built into it that can be ejected to aid Velox in combat, and a laser pistol built into his left arm's part of the armor works similarly.

Strengths:

1. Velox is ambidextrous, which allows him to use both his laser pistol and katana at once, if he wishes. He has also trained himself in several other styles of hand-to-hand combat and forms of weaponry.

2. Velox has an expansive knowledge of pop culture from before 2014, and is working on learning more about current pop culture. One the face of it this doesn't seem very useful, but it actually makes him very genre savvy. At times, he may know exactly what to do and what not to do just because it was exactly what to do/not do in a movie he's seen before.

3. Due to his personality, Velox's combat style is highly unpredictable. He can be attacking from range with his pistol, charging up close with his katana a few seconds later, and hitting you with some random object he found on the ground a moment after that. He has no problem whatsoever with using anything and everything he sees as a weapon.

Weaknesses:

1. Despite Velox's training, he has no abilities that would be considered superhuman aside from his speed. If he goes up against someone who's significantly stronger than him, chances are he won't last too long if he tries to directly attack them. Also, despite his speed, he isn't impossible to hit, and is particularly vulnerable to attacks that affect a large area.

2. Velox's super-speed will be hindered greatly if he's running on certain surfaces. On slippery ground, such as ice, he'll lose control and usually slip, making it hard for him to move quickly. On mud and similar surfaces, he'll lose control and, again, usually slip, leaving him vulnerable. He can run on most liquids, such as water, but only for a short time.

3. Velox has the inability to take anything at all seriously. He'll find the humor in anything and everything, even if it isn't humorous to anyone else. Velox isn't the kind of person you want to have at a funeral or similar event.

Personality: Velox is an... interesting character, to say the least. If he has one defining trait, it would be how eccentric he is. He's fairly mentally stable, but you probably wouldn't think that when you're near him due to his words, actions, and thoughts seemingly lacking much sanity. His moral compass is questionable, and he'll do somewhat immoral things if he's payed enough, but he generally won't kill someone unless it's part of his job, and even then he might still spare his potential victim. Velox is also very knowledgeable in Earth's pop culture from the early 21st Century, and frequently makes references to fiction from that time. He gets nostalgiac very easily, and will occasionally ramble, much to the annoyance of the unlucky soul that has to listen to him.

History: Growing up on his home planet of Kinet, Velox quickly became bored of his home planet. As he got older, he found himself increasingly drawn to the pop culture of the universe. Unfortunately, the vastly increased acceleration of his planet's time made keeping up with his favorite movies, games, shows, and other forms of entertainment nearly impossible. Because of this, the Kineceleran wanted desperately to leave his home world.

Velox met a Galvan scientist by the name of Martis, who said that he could get him off-world... for the right price. Unfortunately, Velox was hardly wealthy. In order to ensure that he would never again miss a second of his favorite pastimes, Velox took jobs as a bounty hunter, training himself to be an effective, if somewhat eccentric,  mercenary. Eventually, he made enough money to fill Martis' demands. Just in time, as the local authorities had learned of his activities, and sought to arrest the Kineceleran. The duo decided that, due to Velox's actions as a mercenary, he'd be considered an outlaw on most major planets, but the Galvan found a planet that was remote and insignificant to the universe at large, but would still satisfy his pop culture needs... Earth.

Martis was true to his word, and even threw in a bonus: He gave Velox an expansive collection of media from the planet he would live on. The scientist sent Velox on his way, but at some point during his journey, he ended up getting too close to a wormhole. Unable to avoid it, the Kineceleran's ship was pulled into it. Both he and his ship were mostly unharmed, so he didn't think much of it. Little did he know that he would be late to his destination... by about thirty years.

On his way to Earth, Velox became very familiar with pop culture on the planet, and played, watched, and read as much of the material Martis gave him as he could. However, due to his decades worth of delay from the wormhole he's ended up on a much different Earth than he bargained for. Despite this, he plans on living life on Earth to the fullest, as both a mercenary and fan of pop culture.

Do you use nanos: No

Note: I changed Velox's backstory to allow for a less confusing way for his arrival to be delayed.

Last edited by Wonder Smash on Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:12 pm; edited 7 times in total
Wonder Smash
Wonder Smash

Back to top Go down

Vivos Velox (On Hiatus) Empty Re: Vivos Velox (On Hiatus)

Post  zerowing21 Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:00 pm

Well, he's an interesting character and do I detect a hint of dead pool in there? I think you may need to add a vice to personality and reexamine the strengths and weaknesses cuz some of the information seems a bit...unneeded to me as it might not get to the point.
zerowing21
zerowing21

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyra_Xyrespace Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:38 pm

Smashfan001 wrote:1. Velox carries with him a laser pistol and a katana, built into the left arm and right arm of his armor respectively, which can be detached  from his suit and used as weapons. He's ambidextrous, which allows him to use both weapons at once, if he wishes. He has also trained himself in several other styles of hand-to-hand combat and forms of weaponry.

Since it was already mentioned that Velox has a pistol and katana, I suggest removing the sentence from the strengths because it's less of a strength and more of a fact (everything after that is fine though)

History:
Spoiler:

I'm only slightly confused. It sounds like his history takes place during and prior to 2014, but by time he's at Earth due to the malfunction, he is now 33 years past his scheduled date. Now I could be wrong because a second glance makes it sound like, instead, it took them 33 years to fix the device. Which makes me have to ask about this:

Do Kinceclerans age much slower than humans?
Kyra_Xyrespace
Kyra_Xyrespace

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1062727/AnimeGirl-144

Back to top Go down

Post  techee Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:36 pm

It looks like I'm reviewing this post-edit. From the looks of things, you've made some really good changes. However, you need to explain the aging. How and why do they age like that? If you put a small blurb about that, then you'll make clarifying things much more easier. That one incident shouldn't hinder my decision since I know you are going to make that change. Without more talk, I will accept him.
techee
techee

Back to top Go down

Post  zerowing21 Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:02 am

Ok so Smash edited. I do hope the wormhole idea is liked.
zerowing21
zerowing21

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyra_Xyrespace Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:55 am

I'm fine with the wormhole, I'm confused on the age.
Kyra_Xyrespace
Kyra_Xyrespace

Back to top Go down

Post  zerowing21 Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:46 am

Smash is gonna explain, but as he told me, a universal day is like a year for the XLR8 species.
zerowing21
zerowing21

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyra_Xyrespace Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:37 pm

Since I got an explanation on Skype: Approved
Kyra_Xyrespace
Kyra_Xyrespace

Back to top Go down

Post  zerowing21 Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:39 pm

He has my approval as well.
zerowing21
zerowing21

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Didathing Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:06 pm

Likewise.
Mr.Didathing
Mr.Didathing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down