FusionFall RP Edition
Hello and welcome to FusionFall RP Edition! Please feel free to look around the forum and hop on in to our expanding role-playing world!

-Moderation Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FusionFall RP Edition
Hello and welcome to FusionFall RP Edition! Please feel free to look around the forum and hop on in to our expanding role-playing world!

-Moderation Team
FusionFall RP Edition
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Drabble] You Need Us

Go down

[Drabble] You Need Us Empty [Drabble] You Need Us

Post  Blueyedemoness Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:19 pm

The heroes all sat silent; unmoving, unbreathing. It was as if they had been turned to statues or stopped in time, like a deer in headlights or perhaps prey amidst their natural predator.

Javerick liked the sound of that last one the most.

From his currently dark form he watched as the blood drained out of each of their faces. Some looked at him with complete fear (as they should) while others clenched their teeth in anticipation. He could hear the blood pump in each of their hearts, beating against their rib cages as they contemplated a fight or flight response to his sudden visit.

“King of Bloody Shadows…” one of them muttered, causing a thin, elongated grin to stretch upon his visage.

“Good to know that the good people of the Overworld haven’t forgotten who I am, or is it perhaps just a mere scholar that happens to be part of the audience?” He asked, an ever amused tone in his voice.

“What do you want?” His eyes darted over to one that was glaring at him beyond their thick glasses. It was full of suspicion and distrust and Javerick really couldn’t blame him, demons were wont to be malicious, or at least chaotic beings by nature, surely the king of them all was the most evil and chaotic!

He couldn’t help but chuckle lightly. Such hostility! I would figure heroes would give a warmer welcome, especially to one who could cause ruin with a snap of a finger!” As if to make a point he raised a shadowed hand, ready to make his fingers click together.

The room shifted and everyone jumped, ready to make a fight as they went for their weapons and it was utterly hilarious. Javerick couldn’t stop laughing, it almost was hard to breathe as his eyes watered from the intensity. If he had been sitting on his throne at that moment he would have fallen off.

“Glad to see you on your toes!” He cried out after calming down from his laughing fit, though giggles kept slipping through seeing them glare daggers at him. “It’s always heartening to see that even in these unsure times the Overworld is still ready to fight at a moment’s notice! But come, I am not here to antagonize--”

“We don’t need your kind here, we have enough to deal with Fuse and his cronies.” One of the younger heroes spoke up, hand readily over his green, alien-like watch. He grinned at the ignorant statement.

“You can try and lie to yourselves all you want, but you do need me. I don’t suppose I have to bring about a lesson about how the Overworld and Underworld are interconnected do I?”

“We are not here to play games, King Javerick, there is a war going on right now. People are dying out there, our world is on the brink of destruction! If you are you to just mock us you can--”

“Yes, I’m painfully aware, you mortals aren’t the only ones to lose something dear to you in this war.” There was a deafening silence following the drop in tone from the Demon King, the fun loving words freezing onto a cold and sharp tongue void of any warmth or cheer. From his shadowy form he stared at them, the lights that made up his eyes narrowing down into a condescending furrow. Honestly if they thought he was like Him and just showed up to sow chaos, the Overworld really did forget the purpose of the Abyssal family. “As such you need all of the help you can get no matter who it’s from. I hear you’ve even recruited Him -or whatever he calls himself nowadays- into your little fight against Fuse. I’m here to make my own alliance. The Overworld and Underworld are bound to one another, we have a symbiotic relationship, one can’t survive without the other.”

There was another bout of silence. Fear to speak, fear to object, fear to accept the aid of a demon so powerful that he and the dark wizard Aku could fight evenly on the battlefield. Javerick didn’t care so much about why they were fearful, it gave him great happiness for them to fear at all in his presence. How soon the Overworld mortals forgot their own dependency on beings such as him, such as the Underworld that funneled the dead through it’s halls and spat them back out at each birth of a new denizen.

Silence lasted for another few seconds before one of the leaders cleared their throat, the one with the thick glasses. “...Can we trust you?”

“Even if you can’t, you don’t have a choice now do you~?” He asked as a grin appeared as the boy frowned deeply. “Don’t worry, you can at least trust me to provide support… when the time is right! The Underworld is also in a pickle at the moment, so my power isn’t immediately available.”

“Then what’s the point of you even offering?” asked the watch bearer, his arms crossed as impatience started to affect the twitching of his eyebrows.

“Call it… investment! You have the aid of the Demon King after all, just not right now.”

“And you will come when we need you?”

“Of course, when you are in your deepest despair, when you’re at the lowest point, I, Javerick Issiah Von Abyssal, will be there to aid in the fight.” With that he extended a shadowy hand, waiting for one of the so called heroes to come forward. They all looked at him with confusion. “Ah, you really think I would just say this is my word and be done with it? Come now, I am still a demon, I need contracts to fulfill my end of the bargain, especially when it comes to entering the Overworld. This will guarantee that I will show up, I’ll be contractually obliged to~”

With a grin he waited for one of them to come forward and take his shadowed hand. Their eyes were darting between each other, whispering in words they believed he could not hear and gesturing in a way they thought he could not comprehend. They were wrong, of course. He didn’t blame them for being wary but this had to be done and while Javerick usually had the patience of a saint, it was unbearably thin right now.

“It will be a deal then.” The young, russian accented genius had stepped forward, purple glove gripping at the shadow one, much to his surprise and amusement. Though considering the boy was at the head of the table… well maybe it wasn’t much of a surprise.

Javerick’s shadowy hand gripped his contractor’s as much as it could, a pulse of buzzing red energy erupting around the both of them as the magic bound their souls to a mutual agreement. A bit flashy, but he had to admit he loved the theatrics. It only took a moment and it was over and the boy quickly let go of the hand and stepped back, causing him to chuckle.

“Ah, and the contract is set~ When you mortals need me most I will be there, till then… Ciao~”

With a flourish his shadowy form disappeared and Javerick found himself back to where he had been living for the last… to be fair he couldn’t remember how long he’d been there. As a demon he aged differently than mortal creatures, for all he knew he could have been resting for the better part of 20 years.

With an exhausted sigh he sat back, eyes dully looking up to the ceiling, wondering how long it would be before he could actually will himself back to the Overworld. The contract was only to give him time and a foothold, but he wasn’t sure if that was actually going to go the way he wanted it to. Oh well, he’d just have to have some faith he supposed. At the very least he was able to see that the Overworld had capable people. Questionable when it came to handling the situation effectively, but capable nonetheless. He could rest easy knowing that his daughter was in their ‘care’, even if they didn’t realize it yet.
Blueyedemoness
Blueyedemoness

Kyra_Xyrespace likes this post

Back to top Go down