FusionFall RP Edition
Hello and welcome to FusionFall RP Edition! Please feel free to look around the forum and hop on in to our expanding role-playing world!

-Moderation Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FusionFall RP Edition
Hello and welcome to FusionFall RP Edition! Please feel free to look around the forum and hop on in to our expanding role-playing world!

-Moderation Team
FusionFall RP Edition
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Events: Redone, Replanned, or Trashed

Go down

Events: Redone, Replanned, or Trashed Empty Events: Redone, Replanned, or Trashed

Post  techee Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:54 pm

Since the mods are hard at work with the RP behind the scenes with new and fresh ideas. I think it is best to reflect on older events that we have done on here and see how they would fit in this RP given the new characters and environment of this newly done universe. These are my thoughts and opinions and no way are these official. I just think these are fun thoughts and ideas on older events.

Each week, I will look at three events. I will see what I liked about it and if there needs to be changes or if it should be thrown out all together. For those needing to be changed, I will describe how I would do the event differently. There were some events that were great events and only need quality of life changes to make them fit in this current RP. For those needing to be trashed, I will explain what went wrong and why it shouldn't be considered to be redone.

For these three events, I will look at one of the events I helped run ages ago, an event that launched and established my character Jade (now Jaden), and one I thought could have had big improvements but had a really good concept in general.

Storybook Event
This was my idea. The idea was to retell different fairy tales but with a FusionFall twist. It didn't work as good as I thought. It was inspired by Once Upon a Time and RWBY. They were both out at that time and I thought that it would be fun to do our own twist on them. How I would make it different was to turn the whole universe into one big fairy tale story and have characters, who choose to be apart of this event, as fairy tale characters. The original idea took too long and I wasn't able to hit every story I wanted to do.

Missing NPCs
This whole idea was awesome! This had placed our OCs right in the forefront of the action. It was truly ours to do whatever. There was crashes, debacles, and fun chaos. It also established Jade as a leader. From this event, he would later on establish the Adventurer's League. He was easily recognized as a natural leader and a rival of Roxie. It just happened that way and is now canon in the old RP. The changes I would make, honestly, was to build up to it and drop hints. Let the OCs still piece it together but have it be enough to where they needed to properly piece it together in character.

Mirror Doppleganger
This event in my opinion had the greatest potential of being our best event. I just felt like more could have been done. The mirror from the Secret Saturdays got used and broken, I think, and our heroes had to go into the other side to help fix it. While that was being done, a group of dopplegangers were out and about causing mayhem and chaos. Both sides could've used a lot more attention. The doppleganger easily could've been a fun idea to toy with and a proper structure and plot there could've been thought of. On the other side, the pacing felt rushed and just having it be slowed down to where there was legit risk involved and having the characters feel that along the way.
techee
techee

Back to top Go down