FusionFall RP Edition
Hello and welcome to FusionFall RP Edition! Please feel free to look around the forum and hop on in to our expanding role-playing world!

-Moderation Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FusionFall RP Edition
Hello and welcome to FusionFall RP Edition! Please feel free to look around the forum and hop on in to our expanding role-playing world!

-Moderation Team
FusionFall RP Edition
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Closed Race: Dea Alata

3 posters

Go down

Closed Race: Dea Alata Empty Closed Race: Dea Alata

Post  youngjusticeforever Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:01 am

Closed Race: Meaning you do not have permission to create these guys, unless given said by me or the mods.

Dea Alata are a race of nature driven creatures. Their planet was once very technological, but the planet went through an apocalyptic event which they called the "Great Cataclysmic Purge". It basically rebooted the planet, and instead of turning to technology like their ancestors, the Dea Alata chose to embrace nature. They are a matriarchal society, men typically being treated as less than their female counterparts, very few achieving greatness.

Stats: Dea Alata are typically faster than humans but physically weaker (except Earth Dea Alata, whom are slower but stronger than humans.)

Interactions with other species: They typically are peaceful creatures, but do not like residents of the Anur System, Galvans or Galvanic Mechamorphs, believing the former to be abominations of nature and the latter to be cruel to it.

Elements: Plant: Dea Alata of Plantlife can create, control and even absorb plants, including wood, vines, moss, seeds, leaves, fruits and even flowers! Paladins can sprout multiple mutant plants at once very easily. Dea Alata of Plantlife however cannot control plantlife when not in its natural state(so things like Paper and Cotton Clothing would be useless).

Lightning: They can fire arcs of Lightning. Or spheres of lightning, or bolts. Paladins can interfere with electronic devices, but it takes up a lot of energy. They can also move fast.

Ice/Water: At the earlier levels, they can learn how to create and absorb Water, as well as heal using Water. Once they reach Paladin, they are capable of not only forming hydro-wings but learn how to use Ice, in which they will be able to lower temperatures, emit a freezing breath and even ice-wings, if they freeze their Hydro Wings. Contrary to some beliefs, they cannot breathe water, but can hold their breath for long periods of time, but they do require air.

Fire: Dea Alata of Fire are typically outcasts of society(as Fire causes forest-fires which destroy nature), but still relatively common. They can control pre-existing fire until they reach Paladin, where they can create fire. When working in conjunction with a Dea Alata of Earth, they can make Lava. Dea Alata of Fire are also typically resistant to heat, but not immune.

Air/Wind: They can create it and manipulate it but can’t absorb it. They have greater lung capacity and move swifter than others do. They can take away air to bring an opponent to unconsciousness, or even death by depriving the brain cells of oxygen. Paladins are able to walk on clouds for limited times.

Earth: Masters of the soil and below, Dea Alata of Earth can create it, absorb it or manipulate it as they please. Minerals are often harder to control, along with Crystals, but not impossible. By detecting trace amounts of earth in metal, they can manipulate it through that. When in conjunction with Fire Dea Alata, they can create Lava and Magma, even Volcanoes! Paladins can create golems which they manually control. They can also control rocks, but that’s part of earth.
Dea Alata of Earth, if experienced, can in theory manipulate sand, but it is considered a taboo. Paladins wings usually have a crystal embedded in them, near the base, but that is just an appearance. It does nothing.

All Dea Alata are capable of limited Illusions, able to alter their appearance, called Beauty Magic. It only works on themselves and it can strain.

The Elemental Gene factor is important. If you come from a long line of Fire Dea Alta, being an Water/Ice Dea Alata could be much more difficult than being, say, an Earth Dea Alata. Even then, the gene is not always hereditary, and could be removed from your DNA over time. If you come from, say a line of Fire Dea Alata, if you choose to be a Water or Plant Dea Alata you may need a mystical tattoo somewhere to suppress the line of Fire.

Element Opposes: Fire/Red and Plantlife/Green are oppose one another. Air/White and Earth/Black oppose each other. Lightning/Yellow and Water-Ice/Blue oppose one another as well.

Appearance: Dea Alata vary greatly in appearance, but most are similar to humans, with different skin colors(from green to black to white to red etc). They usually have purple, red or, rarely, a silver eye color. They often have an "Arachne" feel, like a spider-centaur, with a thorax of some sort. Women typically have two pincers at the end of the thorax, while men only have one.

Tattoo: The Tattoo's that surpress one's gene is made via mashing together special fruits, crystals, herbs and vegetables and blending them into a single paste, which will then be energized by the element that is to be suppressed, and it will then be painted.

If smudged before dried, there are no major side effects, although Dea Alata have reported feeling dizzy. This is because until it hardens, it does not tamper with your genes.

If a Tattoo is removed, the Dea Alata will die. Period. It is indeed rather difficult on removing said tattoo, but it has happened. The hardened tattoo tampers with, and screws up the genes, blocking out the intended elemental gene, allowing room for the other elemental gene to appear. There are no but's, no if's, the Dea Alata will die if said Tattoo is removed. The process of death is very painful.

Tattoo's color usually, not always, but USUALLY, are the color affiliated with the element they desire.

Last edited by youngjusticeforever on Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:30 pm; edited 7 times in total
youngjusticeforever
youngjusticeforever

Back to top Go down

Closed Race: Dea Alata Empty Re: Closed Race: Dea Alata

Post  AmazingLeafeon Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:38 pm

Wow Young, these sound great! I cant wait to see what other creations you make! I have a question though, what do they exactly look like. Im just curious. Razz
AmazingLeafeon
AmazingLeafeon

Back to top Go down

Post  youngjusticeforever Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:21 pm

Anything you want, really. I mean the generic kind are similar to human, but with different skin colors, eye colors, and they have either two, four, six or eight arms. Only two legs though.
youngjusticeforever
youngjusticeforever

Back to top Go down

Post  youngjusticeforever Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:49 am

Can I use a Dea Alata? I spent months making a profile for one of them(her name is Venus)
youngjusticeforever
youngjusticeforever

Back to top Go down

Post  zerowing21 Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:22 pm

Kyra and I will talk about if its allowable.
zerowing21
zerowing21

Back to top Go down

Post  youngjusticeforever Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:02 pm

Okay, thanks! And I might not make it a closed race(please be aware that not all Dea Alata have elemental abilities, and very rarely do Dea Alata not have Beauty Magic(although it can be reduced if not exercised, if ye like)
youngjusticeforever
youngjusticeforever

Back to top Go down

Post  zerowing21 Thu May 05, 2016 8:25 pm

Alright, Kyra and I talked about it and here is what we have to say.

1) Light and darkness has to be removed from the power set.

2) They can keep their illusion power, but only if it works on them and it places a strain on them as well.

3) We want to know more about the tattoo process and how it works, how the tattoo can break and what would happen if it does.
zerowing21
zerowing21

Back to top Go down

Post  youngjusticeforever Thu May 05, 2016 8:35 pm

1. Done

2. It only works on themselves, and, I have a question. For example, say a Dea Alata has some zits or pimples or whatever, or a mole. They could use Beauty magic to hide it, would that be easy enough? Changing appearance entirely could be straining.

3. The Tattoo's are gene supressors. Imagine there's a Dea Alata, who's mother is Pyra, a fire Dea Alata, and so is her grandmother, and great-grandmother, great-great grandmother etc. But this Dea Alata wants to be a Plantlife Dea Alata. Now, those two oppose one-another. This would be very difficult, and seeing how the gene was present as fire throughout each generation, it's likely present in this Dea Alata.

So, the Dea Alata gets the tattoo, which basically suppresses the Fire gene, allowing the Dea Alata to choose.

The Tattoo's themselves are made out of a mix of herbs, crystals and some energized(via Lightning or some sort of energy) materials. You grind the crystals into powder, make a liquid out of some herbs, pour the powder and remaining materials in and let it harden.

If the tattoo is new, it could be smudged(they don't work if they are not dried properly, they are set in a certain way), and what would happen is it would stop working, and, assuming a Dea Alata choose the opposite, so plantlife from fire, then they'd probably be unable to use it properly, as their genes would become haywired and stuff.
youngjusticeforever
youngjusticeforever

Back to top Go down

Post  zerowing21 Thu May 19, 2016 10:34 pm

I'd assume that by haywire, they'd die.
zerowing21
zerowing21

Back to top Go down

Post  youngjusticeforever Thu May 19, 2016 11:16 pm

Basically.
youngjusticeforever
youngjusticeforever

Back to top Go down

Post  zerowing21 Thu May 19, 2016 11:53 pm

the use of the beauty magic would cause strain cuz its a constant drain on their power no matter how small the use of it was.
zerowing21
zerowing21

Back to top Go down

Post  youngjusticeforever Fri May 20, 2016 12:12 am

I'm still thinking that if it's something as simple as hiding a pimple it wouldn't be very straining. Unless it was a big pimple.

Also, Beauty Magic was intended to stay for a while, losing power as soon as you stop focusing, and eventually the illusion is broken but *cough* that works too.

Can I use a Dea Alata now, I've pretty much answered your questions.
youngjusticeforever
youngjusticeforever

Back to top Go down

Post  youngjusticeforever Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:23 pm

I updated it Smile
youngjusticeforever
youngjusticeforever

Back to top Go down

Post  zerowing21 Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:28 pm

You forgot to add in the death by tattoo removal is rather painful. Once that's in, you'll be good to go on this species.
zerowing21
zerowing21

Back to top Go down

Post  youngjusticeforever Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:30 pm

Done Smile
youngjusticeforever
youngjusticeforever

Back to top Go down

Post  zerowing21 Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:31 pm

That should do it and you're good to use it.
zerowing21
zerowing21

Back to top Go down

Post  youngjusticeforever Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:32 pm

Okie dokie. I have my first Dea Alata's profile up.

It is under Venus the Dea Alata.
youngjusticeforever
youngjusticeforever

Back to top Go down

Post  zerowing21 Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:37 pm

ik, I already said something on it
zerowing21
zerowing21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content