FusionFall RP Edition
Hello and welcome to FusionFall RP Edition! Please feel free to look around the forum and hop on in to our expanding role-playing world!

-Moderation Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FusionFall RP Edition
Hello and welcome to FusionFall RP Edition! Please feel free to look around the forum and hop on in to our expanding role-playing world!

-Moderation Team
FusionFall RP Edition
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YJF Character Creation Bootcamp

5 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

YJF Character Creation Bootcamp Empty YJF Character Creation Bootcamp

Post  Buttercrush Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:21 pm

Boot Camp set up in advanced for Youngjusticeforever on Character Creation for the FMHQ RP. It's time to hit the books!

Young, we know you've started a hiatus, so please take your time! Just reply here when you're back and ready to rumble.

Below is the OC Form, just copied and pasted here for my own reference, but it can help you as well!

Name:
Race: (If your OC is an alien)
Allegiance: Are you fighting for the Good Guys? The Villains? Or are you a Neutral?
Origins: EVO, Alien, Magic User, Imaginary Friend, or Human
Powers: If you are an EVO, Alien or Magic User, please state your power and what attacks they have. 6 attacks are the maximum allowed.
Appearance: What does your OC look like? Links are acceptable as long as the link itself is appropriate.
Strengths: (By strength we mean are they good in any subjects or do they have any special skills. Not the physical strength of your character; 3 are mandatory)
Weaknesses: (By weakness, we mean what are they bad at, or what can be a weakness to their powers? 3 are mandatory)
Personality:
History:
Do you use nanos: Only Humans are allowed to have Nanos, no if ands or buts.
Buttercrush
Buttercrush

https://www.fanfiction.net/~buttercrush

Back to top Go down

YJF Character Creation Bootcamp Empty Re: YJF Character Creation Bootcamp

Post  youngjusticeforever Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:01 pm

Hi, so. After taking a bit of a hiatus, I've decided I'm not going to back to my original schedule. That means my activity will not be immediate, I have lots of school work and other priorities. I will be active, however. Just send me a PM, or something. So, how do we start?
youngjusticeforever
youngjusticeforever

Back to top Go down

Post  Buttercrush Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:57 pm

With the name of course! It's the first spot on our OC form, so let's get started.

For the purpose of this Boot Camp, let's stick to a simple character. Think of a name for them!
Buttercrush
Buttercrush

Back to top Go down

Post  youngjusticeforever Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:53 pm

Name: Kairi Darkfang
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Race:
Allegiance: The good guys
Origins: Human
Powers: None
Appearance: Kairi typically either has her hair in a Pony-tail or in a braid. She's thin, but she has considerable muscle as well. She typically wears a black and silver leotard with a night sky scheme. It runs from her hips to her shoulders, although exposing some of her stomach and parts of her back. For shoes she wears simple slippers. She also has finger-less gloves with sticky things on the palms for better grip. (It won't let me upload the image)

Strengths: Above average intellect(from both natural talent and studying), Kairi is capable of understanding complex scientific terms and math problems, to the extent where she could be considered a genius. This helps her with her arrows as she can utilize this to her advantage(such as creating special trick arrows or with firing the arrows at pin-point locations).

Kairi also has enhanced agility, speed and slightly above average strength, due to intense training. She also has high stamina.

She also is extremely adept with a Bow and Arrow, able to fire round after round with great accuracy.

Weaknesses: Kairi is socially awkward, and has struggles with speech

Kairi is also horrible with hand-to-hand or close quarters combat, as such she relies primarily upon her Bow and Arrows.

Kairi has a fear of heights.

Personality: Kairi is extremely empathetic. She tries to help others often. She will rarely snap at someone. Kairi is also very much like a loner, tending to help however she can before leaving. She seems to prefer the company of animals over fellow humans. (Need help with this)

History: Yeah, I'm gonna need help with this too.

Do you use Nanos: Yes, Dr. Holiday, Demongo and Brick

Other: Can someone continue on the Nanos? Like, do we get all three powers or only one, like in the game? I've never used a Nano in this before.

Last edited by youngjusticeforever on Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
youngjusticeforever
youngjusticeforever

Back to top Go down

Post  Buttercrush Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:14 pm

Oh, wowza. I only meant to give a name, but you went beyond. Great!

Alexis Heart seems a tad generic. My little tip for names, at least in the FusionFall community, is that weirder names are ok! Using the names from the scroll wheels from the Character Creation in game is perfectly fine. For example, several of my characters have the last name "Leeblossom" which was the result of me hitting the randomize button in the game.

Twenty-one is a good age. Not too young, but not too old. Some people could argue that everyone's OCs are between 16-21, but there's nothing wrong with an age.

I'm gonna hit Race and Ethnicity in the same paragraph. Despite the form saying to only fill out Race if you're an alien, you should really fill it out for anything. For example, here, she would be a human. Ethnicity is up to you, which I've seen that this character is white.

Skipping over Allegiance and Origins for now, as those are pretty self-explanatory. Later on, I'll have us create a second character who has Powers so we can learn to flesh that part out as well. Smile

The appearance isn't detailed that much in the looks department, but the clothing department is detailed just fine. However, wearing a leotard all the time could prove to be uncomfortable. You might want to consider changing her outfit, or perhaps this could factor into her weaknesses?

I also like to recommend this fun, little dress-up game to create a visual for your OC's appearance.

For the strengths, it'd be nice if you could go into more detail. Describe how Alexis became so smart, and explain on how this could help her in a combat situation. Also, bows and arrows need arrows to work, so what would happen if she runs out of arrows? Perhaps this strength could be turned into a weakness due to the limited amount of arrows.

The last of the weaknesses seems a little farfetched. She can of course feel bad, but we are in a war situation. She'd have to get used to it. Also, and this is just a personal tip from me to you, RPing a mute character is probably not the best idea, especially for something as social as FusionFall. Given that our RP is a little more advanced than some other RPs you've probably been in, having a character with a disability that severe could prove to be difficult and no fun for you.

I'll stop there for now, and we can hit the rest after we perfect the above first!
Buttercrush
Buttercrush

Back to top Go down

Post  youngjusticeforever Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:02 am

Mmh. Okay. So, just review the edited. Oh, and how do Nano's work exactly though? It seems major here, yet so many unanswered questions.
youngjusticeforever
youngjusticeforever

Back to top Go down

Post  Buttercrush Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:25 pm

Please just make a reply with the new information instead of editing. That way I can look back at progress.

Please do that now.
Buttercrush
Buttercrush

Back to top Go down

Post  youngjusticeforever Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:31 pm

Race: Human
Appearance: It won't let me upload the image

Strengths: Above average intellect(from both natural talent and studying), Kairi is capable of understanding complex scientific terms and math problems, to the extent where she could be considered a genius. This helps her with her arrows as she can utilize this to her advantage(such as creating special trick arrows or with firing the arrows at pin-point locations).

Weaknesses: Kairi is socially awkward, and has struggles with speech and Kairi has a fear of heights

Personality: Need help

History: Help plz
youngjusticeforever
youngjusticeforever

Back to top Go down

Post  Buttercrush Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:02 pm

Upload the image to an image sharing site such as imgur, then get the link from there. To post it, put the link between [img][/img] tags.
Buttercrush
Buttercrush

Back to top Go down

Post  youngjusticeforever Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:08 pm

YJF Character Creation Bootcamp B2tielv

that's her appearence
youngjusticeforever
youngjusticeforever

Back to top Go down

Post  Buttercrush Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:33 am

Let's work on this name. In FusionFall, weird names are good, but let's not get edgy and generic. Kairi is fine, however Darkfang seems pretty generic. Perhaps we can change that.

Allegiance: Heroes

Appearance: Kairi typically either has her hair in a Pony-tail or in a braid. She's thin, but she has considerable muscle as well. She typically wears a black and silver leotard with a night sky scheme. It runs from her hips to her shoulders, although exposing some of her stomach and parts of her back. For shoes she wears simple slippers. She also has finger-less gloves with sticky things on the palms for better grip.
Appearance:

Kairi also has enhanced agility, speed and slightly above average strength, due to intense training. She also has high stamina.

She also is extremely adept with a Bow and Arrow, able to fire round after round with great accuracy.

Weaknesses: Kairi is socially awkward, and has struggles with speech

Kairi is also horrible with hand-to-hand or close quarters combat, as such she relies primarily upon her Bow and Arrows.

Kairi has a fear of heights.

How does her social awkwardness affect her daily life? Also, fear of heights is a pretty generic trait. Perhaps, since you kept the leotard, we add the leotard weakness I described earlier.

Personality:

History:

Do you use nanos: Yes
Buttercrush
Buttercrush

Back to top Go down

Post  youngjusticeforever Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:12 pm

Name: Kairi Asaikima

Allegiance: Heroes

Appearance: Kairi typically either has her hair in a Pony-tail or in a braid. She's thin, but she has considerable muscle as well. She typically wears a black and silver leotard with a night sky scheme. It runs from her hips to her shoulders, although exposing some of her stomach and parts of her back. For shoes she wears simple slippers. She also has finger-less gloves with sticky things on the palms for better grip.
APPEARANCE:
Spoiler:

Weaknesses: Kairi is socially awkward making it difficult for her in basic social events, and she has struggles with speech

Kairi's leotard tends to be uncomfortable, and can be seen as unfit for combat situations(although given her Arrow style, it can help)

Personality:

History:

Do you use nanos: Yes

Last edited by youngjusticeforever on Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
youngjusticeforever
youngjusticeforever

Back to top Go down

Post  Buttercrush Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:15 pm

Professor Utonium wrote:The appearance isn't detailed that much in the looks department, but the clothing department is detailed just fine. However, wearing a leotard all the time could prove to be uncomfortable. You might want to consider changing her outfit, or perhaps this could factor into her weaknesses?

Restricted movement and general uncomfortableness from a leotard could prove to be horrible in a combat situation.
Buttercrush
Buttercrush

Back to top Go down

Post  youngjusticeforever Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:20 pm

Professor Utonium wrote:
Professor Utonium wrote:The appearance isn't detailed that much in the looks department, but the clothing department is detailed just fine. However, wearing a leotard all the time could prove to be uncomfortable. You might want to consider changing her outfit, or perhaps this could factor into her weaknesses?

Restricted movement and general uncomfortableness from a leotard could prove to be horrible in a combat situation.

Edited it. Sorry, just didn't think it was large enough to warrant reposting it entirely.
youngjusticeforever
youngjusticeforever

Back to top Go down

Post  Buttercrush Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:39 pm

Moving onto Personality, what is your idea of how you want her to act or work?
Buttercrush
Buttercrush

Back to top Go down

Post  youngjusticeforever Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:43 pm

Professor Utonium wrote:Moving onto Personality, what is your idea of how you want her to act or work?

I want her to be sort of like a Huntress. Quiet, yet deadly. I've noticed that all of my other characters are very chatty. I'm contrasting from that with Kairi Asaikima. I want her to be the shy type, because, in my mind, she could be viewed as arrogant due to her struggles with speech, but she's not like that but, issues arise so she closes herself off from other people. Y'know?
youngjusticeforever
youngjusticeforever

Back to top Go down

Post  zerowing21 Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:06 pm

I heard you need an explanation on EVOs. EVOs are beings from the show Generator Rex. Now EVO means, Exponentially Variegated Organism and the activation of nanites are random and can happen due to any kind of event, accident, stress etc. Now nanites can give certain abilities to a person, animal or plant.

They range from simple powers to mild mutations, to complete changes to the body. Some people become mindless if the change is too chaotic. Now, EVOs can be cured, but only by Rex and even he can't cure some. Those are incurables.

Nanites are in every living being on the planet Earth, except white knight, who had them removed due to an accident. If you have any other questions about this please ask.
zerowing21
zerowing21

Back to top Go down

Post  youngjusticeforever Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:17 pm

So, Evo's basically are like the X Gene, or the Gene in the Nucleic Acid that gives certain transformers the ability to scan more than one alt mode? Mmh. So, they could be as mild as simple X-Ray vision to ripping holes in the space-time continuum(like Breach).

I should probably watch Generator Rex then...if I do make a E.V.O. they don't HAVE to be mindless, correct? Cause I thought about maybe a Bone manipulating(like, dead bones not still living bones) super smart dude...hmm
youngjusticeforever
youngjusticeforever

Back to top Go down

Post  Buttercrush Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:22 pm

I personally believe your first character with us should be a Human.
Buttercrush
Buttercrush

Back to top Go down

Post  youngjusticeforever Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:34 pm

I plan to use Kairi as my first Razz

Technically, Kairi was originally the E.V.O. but I decided to go with a more Hunter/Huntress feel to her instead of a Osteokinetic user-Bone Controller
youngjusticeforever
youngjusticeforever

Back to top Go down

Post  zerowing21 Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:47 pm

Well ripping holes in space time, I think should be left to just breach due to her having her own little pocket dimension to hide stuff. Transformations to an animal and back to human are out due to the rules. The nanites are just microscopic machines that change people.
zerowing21
zerowing21

Back to top Go down

Post  youngjusticeforever Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Hopefully. I was referring to Breach. So, what's the other limits with E.V.O. powers?
youngjusticeforever
youngjusticeforever

Back to top Go down

Post  zerowing21 Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:27 pm

The limits are what are listed in the power restrictions within the rules.
zerowing21
zerowing21

Back to top Go down

Post  youngjusticeforever Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:19 pm

Ok. Professor Utonium, you ready to continue?
youngjusticeforever
youngjusticeforever

Back to top Go down

Post  Buttercrush Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:30 pm

Another mod should be picking up to help with Personality and History.
Buttercrush
Buttercrush

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum