FusionFall RP Edition
Hello and welcome to FusionFall RP Edition! Please feel free to look around the forum and hop on in to our expanding role-playing world!

-Moderation Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FusionFall RP Edition
Hello and welcome to FusionFall RP Edition! Please feel free to look around the forum and hop on in to our expanding role-playing world!

-Moderation Team
FusionFall RP Edition
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yama Nakamura

5 posters

Go down

Yama Nakamura Empty Yama Nakamura

Post  techee Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:05 pm

Name/Identification/Alias: Yama Nakamura

Appearance: He is a Japanese guy who weighs at 315 pounds and a height of 6 ft 3 in. He has a round face with high pronounced cheekbones from his Japanese heritage. His body is barrel shaped with a good mixture of fat and muscle. In his casual attire, he wears graphic tees, his main one being the kanji for power along with jeans and converse shoes. He sometimes wears a plain colored red kimono with a black trim on more formal occasions. In his sumo attire, he wears a dark red kimono. His black hair is long and reaches right past his shoulders. This makes it easier for him to tie it into a top knot for competitions. He has dark brown almond eyes. He has a more traditional Japanese tattoo of a dragon across his back.

Race/Species: Human

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Origins: Human

Nanos:

• Samurai Jack: Damage

• Fourarms: Leech

• Numbuh 1: Heal

Strengths:
His determined drive allows him to push past any obstacle that is presented. Due in part of him not wanting to give up so easily. This applies to facing fusions that might cross his path. He is skilled at sumo making him one of the top in the sport. Also in part of his strength and size, he excels at many physical tasks such as carrying lumber or lifting boulders; able to carry heavy loads at any given point of time.

Weaknesses:
His anger gets to him. Sometimes to the point of physical harm or property damage. He doesn't always understand his own strength at times and can easily break things without thinking. His size makes it hard to squeeze into small spaces real easily even having to take two seats in places like restaurants.

• Food

• Anime

• Japan

• Sumo

• Video Games

• Sumo Slammers

• Competitions

Dislikes:

• Losing games or matches

• Seeing Fuse gaining an upper hand

• Canceling matches

• People telling him what to do

Personality:
Yama is very much independent. He paves his own path and does his own thing. In many regards, he is seen as stubborn as he makes up his mind and does it. Rarely does Yama gets persuaded to do something else. He has a mentality of win at all costs. It doesn't matter what he has to do or what exploits or risks involved, he will do it to favor him and whoever is with him. He tends to blow up quite a bit. Some triggers of his is when someone conflicts with his own ideas or if he feels like he is in a losing situation. In his anger, he tends to be like a bull, being rather physical. He tends to be intimidating even without trying. Largely due to part of how he carries himself and his size. Speaking of size and appearance, he often loves to show off his body and how big it is. When he isn't having to wear a shirt, he is usually seen without one. He loves to brag on himself when he can. He has horrible anger issues and can act like a bull. He blows up more so whenever things don't go his way or when he sees himself losing. He loves it when the attention is all on him. He'll do anything to get the spotlight. He is driven and that drive motivates him. Outside of that, he sees himself as a protector and stands up for the underdog. He uses what wealth he has for causes he deems important. He even goes out of his way to entertain in front of the troops at the front line in way of sumo matches. He is also a big nerd who likes all things Japan and Sumo Slammers. As well as being a big eater who really loves any food put in front of him.

Biography:
His father was a well known sumo wrestler in Japan. Yama himself was born over there. For the first twelve years of his life, he would live, breath, and consume sumo. His whole room was a shrine of all his favorite sumo wrestlers. Especially that of his father who he had idolized. At the age of 12, he moved to Townsville. The opportunity arose for his father to bring sumo over to Townsville after a few fans and influencers convinced him to do so. They gave him a building to turn into the city's sumo dojo. From his time in Japan to his time after he moved, his father would teach Yama the sport in which he excelled at. Around that time, he got hooked into watching Sumo Slammers which quickly consumed him. He started collecting sumo slammers cards, watched the show, played the games, and read the comics. From time to time in online matches of Sumo Slammers game, he would compete against Ben. Though, he didn't realize that it was Ben on the other side. This helped fuel his competitive nature and his drive.

He got more into sumo in high school when he helped find the sumo team which brought in a small sizable crowd. He quickly became top athlete and someone that people should watch out for. That ego fueled him even more. He graduated. As a graduation present from his dad, he received his sumo dojo. He now trains, promotes, and competes right in that dojo along side his father who became more of a coach and helping hand to Yama.

Shortly after he inherited the dojo, he decided to mark himself different. He knew that not many sumo wrestlers had tattoos, but he had started to deviate from his father greatly at that time and so he chose to get a tattoo of a dragon across his back. His father disapproved of the decision but as long as he did well in the ring, it wouldn't matter. He was criticized for this move, but he challenged it fast saying that this he didn't care and that he'll prove that traditions don't matter. He was soon seen as controversial and divisive. His fans became devoted and backed him and his haters were rooting that he'd lose. He showed everyone that he was right after he had more wins than losses. He quickly rose to stardom in Townsville making a name for himself.

Inventory:
He carries with a manga book, his nanocom, and a handheld game console.

(This will replace Cameron while I spruce him up.)

Last edited by techee on Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:12 pm; edited 4 times in total
techee
techee

Back to top Go down

Yama Nakamura Empty Re: Yama Nakamura

Post  zerowing21 Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:49 am

How does knowing two languages a strength for him, expand on it. Same with sumo slammers, how is being good at the game a strength?
zerowing21
zerowing21

Back to top Go down

Post  techee Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:46 am

I tried to explain things for both, but not too certain if I explained it good enough yet for video game skills.
techee
techee

Back to top Go down

Post  zerowing21 Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:58 pm

Your explanation of the language strength is very very situational. I'm sorry but you have to come up with something else cuz its not much of a strength.

As for the sumo slammers thing, maybe just say he's got an affinity as a good video game player giving him an edge in tournaments and basic game play with others?
zerowing21
zerowing21

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiser Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:08 pm

Yeah, that bilingual aspect of him is more just a fun fact than an actual strength. Also what part of being good at Sumo Slammers translates to him doing good at sumo tournaments?

He has a more traditional Japanese tattoo of a dragon across his back.
Just wanted to let you know that sumos actually aren't allowed to have tattoos. Since he grew up with the sport and loves it, I feel like that wouldn't be something he would have.
Kaiser
Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Post  techee Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:42 pm

I know that sumos don't traditionally have tattoos. You're forgetting that I've done my research. This is a more fictionalized sumo character rather than a more realistic sumo character.

Edit: A tattoo is also a good way to make a difference between him and other similar characters as well as being the defining trait for his individualism.
techee
techee

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiser Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:03 pm

I mainly brought it up because nothing about him seemed like he was trying to be different from a normal sumo. He loves sumo and his father is a respected sumo (I'd also like to know his rank and how his father's status in the sport affected Yama's feelings on it), plus he considers it "his religion", so I just found it odd that he would get a tattoo knowing that doing that goes against an actual sumo rule. I understand its a fictionalized version of a sumo, but I think a fictionalized version still needs to follow the guidelines of a sumo (unless you're specifically going for a rule breaker kind of sumo).

There are other ways to establish individualism (like if you want to use the dragon imagery still, he could wear kimonos that have a dragon design on them).
Kaiser
Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Post  techee Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:37 pm

That religion part was when he was about ten or so. His room was like a shrine for all things sumo. When he started to do sumo himself, he started to break off and done his own thing in regards to his own sport instead of just being under the shadows of his father. His father reached the second highest rank before Yokozuna which would be Ozeki. Only reason why he left that behind was opportunity. A chance to get sumo a proper grounding over in Townsville. As for the proper backstory on the tattoo, Yama decided to get the tattoo the moment he graduated high school and got inherited the stable. Oh, and Yama isn't one hundred percent a traditionalist. Though, he still does the required pre match rituals and the training it requires.

I'll put this stuff in along with a few other details that I thought I felt was left out.
techee
techee

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyra_Xyrespace Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:00 pm

He's looking good, but I'm going to back  up Kaiser on the tattoo. It seems out of place that he follows everything else about sumo wrestling except for getting a tattoo. I would add something in the biography about what happened to him when he got it. Did any associations drop him? Did he have to fight any association and won but with some consequences? I would elaborate on this.
Kyra_Xyrespace
Kyra_Xyrespace

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1062727/AnimeGirl-144

Back to top Go down

Post  techee Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:13 pm

I added in that it was a controversial move and people started to hate him for that and others who supported him backed him up. He's gonna be a villainous brute, but not really a villain cause he will fight against Fuse later on.
techee
techee

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyra_Xyrespace Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:28 pm

I'll give him an approval.
Kyra_Xyrespace
Kyra_Xyrespace

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1062727/AnimeGirl-144

Back to top Go down

Post  zerowing21 Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:45 pm