FusionFall RP Edition
Hello and welcome to FusionFall RP Edition! Please feel free to look around the forum and hop on in to our expanding role-playing world!

-Moderation Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FusionFall RP Edition
Hello and welcome to FusionFall RP Edition! Please feel free to look around the forum and hop on in to our expanding role-playing world!

-Moderation Team
FusionFall RP Edition
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Event Suggestion: The Dark Forest

4 posters

Go down

Event Suggestion: The Dark Forest Empty Event Suggestion: The Dark Forest

Post  EagleEyeKK Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:08 pm

Hi! Ok, so I saw that there weren't that many event suggestions on this forum, so I decided to give my idea a shot. So here it is:

Name: The Dark Forest

Background: A strange forest has suddenly appeared out in the wilds. No one knows where this forest came from or what its purpose is, it doesn’t even appear on any map or com. But oddly enough, there is something strange to this forest, and you decide to investigate.

Story: You wander through a dark, creepy forest with a group of five. In this forest, it seems like it is always midnight for an eternity, you can hear the crunching of leaves and the snapping of twigs as you step on them. The air is cold, chilling you to the bone. Here, is where the dark creatures roam the land. Some are frightening, some are creepy, and some are monstrous.
After minutes of endless walking, you are starting to feel like you are being watched. As you turn to walk back, you find that the way back is blocked by strong, thick vines. As you try to cut them down, you find it is no use. They are protected, but what force is protecting them. As you examine the vines more closely, you find that there is something. . .dark about them.
As you look around the forest once more, you notice that the fog is getting thicker and thicker. And you feel a dark presence surrounding you and your group. You know that there is something off about this forest, but you can’t quite guess what it is exactly. You know that if you and your group don’t get out soon, you may be trapped there for a while. But what you don’t know is what lurks in the dark forest. That something has been waiting for someone, for a long time.

Objective: Survive, Escape the Forest, Beat the bosses, Gather the clues to discover the answers to this strange forest, Defeat the Main Boss.

Procedure: This event (if it is approved) will be split into five groups of five. Each group will wander into a different part of the dark forest, away from the other groups for a little bit. Note: The com will only work for a few minutes before turning off unexpectedly. Meaning you will have to use your instincts, intelligence, skills, and strength to get out of here alive. These groups will run into one of the five areas. The areas include old ruins, a haunted house, a dark cave, a tall corrupted tree, and finally, a graveyard. Each group will have to go through a set of challenges, and each area has a boss monster to face. All areas will be given at least three clues for each group to find and solve a mystery to the strange forest. Each clue will be different though and some will be hard to find. Once the groups have found all three clues, the groups will all come together and face the main boss of the forest. You must defeat the boss monsters and the main boss in order to escape the forest.

Rules: Yes, there are rules, but these rules are simple, and should be easy to follow.
1. No harassing, or insulting the other player
2. You can only use your com for a little while before it shuts off. And you won't be able to use it for quite a long time throughout the event.
3. Flying (for characters who fly only): You can fly through the forest, but you won't be able to escape the forest that easily.

Monsters and the Areas associated with:

Graveyard – Zombies, Main Boss = Headless Horseman

Dark Cave – Wolves, Main Boss = Chupacabra

Haunted House – Ghosts, Main Boss = Banshee

Ruins – Living Dolls, Main Boss = Vampire

Corrupted Tree – Living Plants, Main Boss = Giant Tree Monster

Main Boss, located in the center of the forest where there is a big, round, open area that isn’t covered with trees and filled with black flowers, called the Open Gardens = Shadow

Quick Area summaries:

Graveyard – This was a place where the Ancients buried the bodies of their loved ones if they passed. Now, thanks to the dark crystals, the Ancients have been revived, but are now under the Scientist’s control and are now undead.

Dark Cave – The place where it all began. This cave has housed both the dark and the light crystals, acting as a storage for all the Ancients treasures. This is also the place where the young girl hid during the Scientists attacks.

Haunted House – This was the place where the Scientist lived in during his research, and has since been acting as his main base, but when he was sealed, it became an old, ruined, house in which has long since been abandoned, until now. What secrets could the Scientist have kept?

Ruins – The ruins of an old city still stand today. With a few broken rooftops and a few broken bridges, surprisingly, they are still in good condition. But since the scientist’s corruptions, it has become cold and dark, made for those who can trick others into wandering the dark.

Corrupted Tree – This giant tree must have existed for hundreds of years to reach a height of at least 30 feet high. It has been known to have extraordinary planet life, often containing fruit trees and vines for growing vegetables. But now, the nearby plants have become alive, literally.

Open Garden – The Open Garden has always been a natural place of beauty. Housing the most colorful flowers in the entire forest, this area has been one of its main landmarks. But since the battle with the Scientist, the flowers have turned black and has been the sealing ground for both the Scientist and the young girl.

Backstory of the Forest: Many years ago, there lived a young scientist had traveled to a deep forest to study the plant life and the animals that lived there. For many years, the scientist studied the forest, he had already built a mansion for him to live in and continue his studies. And he discovered that long ago, an ancient tribe have lived in the forest, but have long since died, which is the reason for the graveyard’s existence. But he also discovered that this tribe had some special abilities, in which the humans would have called “magic” at that time, and they were able to create many things. But there was one thing they had kept a secret for many years.
As the scientist was discovering a cave nearby, he found dark purple crystals whom have been created by the Ancients as well. But there was something off about them. Curious, the scientist decided to take them with him for further studying. But as soon as he touched them, he felt the darkness consume him, giving him a cold-hearted, cruel nature. Apparently the scientist had discovered crystals that were filled with dark magic, and upon touch, he would become corrupted.
Now having an evil nature, he decided to corrupt all of the forest, creating dark environments and vicious monsters as results of both his creations and the dark energy of the crystals. Using the crystals as his power source, he decided to begin his attack on many cities.
Many of them were destroyed (not corrupted), but a young girl would not stand for it.
She had also lived in the forest, making her an Ancient, but she had lived in hiding in hopes the scientist wouldn’t corrupt her. Now, she wanted to end the scientist’s onslaught. But she had a secret weapon, she too had crystals, but unlike the dark crystals, these crystals were made of light. These light crystals were also able to heal the darkness that had been caused by the darkness.
On the night when the scientist was going to make an attack on another city, the young girl appeared, and they battled. It was a long fierce battle, but even with the light crystals, she could not heal the scientist. It was because the scientist had been under darkness for so long and he used too much of their power, so to him, the light was hot and burning. And not only that, but the dark crystals will constantly revive him even after he is killed, making him almost an unbeatable foe.
Knowing this, the girl made a tough decision. Instead of letting him roam free, the young girl decided to seal him away and keep him forever bound to the forest, but at the cost of doing the same to herself. She also casted a spell, in which the forest will be hidden from site of the people so they won’t be harmed, and making them lose the memory of knowing the forest existed. For many years, the forest was kept a secret. But now the spell is at its breaking point, as well as the seal. If the Scientist is released, then the world would be in grave danger. Now, it’s time for you to know the truth.

Note: The Scientists present name is Shadow, while the young girl’s name was Echo.

Another Note: The groups will all meet Echo and Shadow, one way or another.

Final Note: Those who touch the dark crystals will immediately become corrupted and controlled by Shadow, they can only be saved by touching the light crystal. There is no time limit in this event. And once the event is finished, those who were corrupted will return to the way they were.

Ok, that was quite a lot to cover. Anyways, that's my event suggestion. I know it seems like a lot, but if it gets accepted (if it can), then it should be a lot of fun. Let me know what you think or what suggestions you have for this in the comments below.
EagleEyeKK
EagleEyeKK

Back to top Go down

Event Suggestion: The Dark Forest Empty Re: Event Suggestion: The Dark Forest

Post  Lesamuen Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:27 pm

It's a little bit ecstatic to try and make a whole new area. It might be a bothersome to create an area just for an event, so try redoing it so it fits in the fusionfall world. Like, maybe, instead of having it in the 'dark forest' you can put it in the twisted forest.

Although we are in need of suggestions at the moment, it's downtime at the moment since we just had a super long event; it's gonna be a while until we hold another. Also, we usually alternate between events involving OCs and events involving Fusions, so the next one HAS to be about fusions, and it has to be good. (Zerowing stated him self he wanted it to be the best yet!) So this idea would have to wait.

If you have any ideas for a great event about Fusions, please let us know.
Lesamuen
Lesamuen

Back to top Go down

Post  EagleEyeKK Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:32 pm

Alright, I will make another post soon then, this one being more related to FusionFall and the Fusions, but I will still try to have it fall under the Spooky, Haunted theme. So hopefully that will work. Thanks for the tip!
EagleEyeKK
EagleEyeKK

Back to top Go down

Post  zerowing21 Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:12 pm

Well considering we have Grim in this world, all these type of beasts are possible in a area that is considered super natural, which is also Grim's type deal. So no need to change any of it.

As I said it will be a little while before we might do yours since we have lists and there was consensus on skype chat for the site to do a fusion event next to push forwards with the war a bit. But we will do what we can to get to yours.
zerowing21
zerowing21

Back to top Go down

Post  EagleEyeKK Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:18 pm

Oh, ok then. I will not change any of it then. And I understand. Thanks for telling me.
EagleEyeKK
EagleEyeKK

Back to top Go down

Post  zerowing21 Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:18 pm

not a problem.
zerowing21
zerowing21

Back to top Go down

Post  techee Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:57 pm

I like this. I like this very much. I got a character who is leader of an adventuring group. Appropriately named, The Adventurer's League. This sort of bill will work wonderfully for my group. Perhaps his group can be one of the groups that enters the forest. Could, possibly, be the one to find this group. By the way, this event can be a good Halloween event when it finally arrives in the RP.
techee
techee

Back to top Go down

Post  EagleEyeKK Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:08 pm

Thanks! And that would depend how much people are in your adventuring group. Depending on how the staff feels with adding more to a group and how much people there is wanting to join. And the group can be one of the groups that enters the forest. This event is basically supposed to be for everyone. And I was kinda hoping it'd be a good Halloween event, but that's just my opinion. How many people are in your adventuring group?
EagleEyeKK
EagleEyeKK

Back to top Go down

Post  techee Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:15 pm

I don't know right now because I had the group disband in the RP and the group is just now banding back together. I have to say somewhere between seven to ten members.
techee
techee

Back to top Go down

Post  EagleEyeKK Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:23 pm

Hm. . .do you know how many want to join or do they not know about this yet?
EagleEyeKK
EagleEyeKK

Back to top Go down

Post  techee Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:12 pm

I don't know if they know about this. More than likely, it'll be let's see what happens when the event comes. More than likely, everyone, or close to it, will participate.
techee
techee

Back to top Go down

Post  EagleEyeKK Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:46 pm

Hm, alright then
EagleEyeKK
EagleEyeKK

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content